Visit your Dentist in Canton OH to protect your teeth from eroding
The tooth enamel has the same function as our bone. The enamel gives the teeth a hard shell and at the same time protects the roots and the pulp inside it.
However, the tooth enamel doesn’t have tissues and cells in it. Unlike the bone, the enamel can’t regenerate itself once it deteriorates. Your Dentist in Canton OH shares some of the procedures that can help restore the tooth enamel in your mouth.
Ways to restore tooth enamel in your mouth
· Tooth Crowning
Tooth crowning is a dental procedure wherein a crown is added into the weak enamel. The crown serves as the tooth cap which also protects the damaged areas of the tooth. This crown helps the damaged tooth to function and allows the patient to drink or eat without feeling any pain. It also protects the tooth from more decay in the future.
· Tooth Bonding
Tooth Bonding is a procedure often done in milder cases of enamel erosion. This procedure is often seen as a cosmetic procedure. In this process, resin is added into the damaged tooth. Once the resin hardens, it’s bonded to the tooth. After that, the resin is trimmed and polished to fit properly into your mouth. It usually takes 30 minutes to one hour to finish this procedure.
· It is best that you avoid the risk of acid exposure. Avoid eating acidic food and beverages.
· Avoid using a hard-bristled toothbrush. It is best that you use a soft-bristle brush.
· After consuming acidic foods and drinks, make sure to rinse your mouth with water to get back the natural ph of your mouth
· Avoid brushing your teeth after consuming acidic foods and beverages. It can heighten the risk of enamel erosion in your teeth.
· Regular check-up is strictly advised.
Enamel Erosion can lead to severe tooth loss. If tooth sensitivity occurs, it is best that you visit your dentist right away. Avoid prolonging dental problems; this can cause major problems in the future. Enamel erosion can cause problems like tooth decay and other periodontal diseases.